We’re finished, but why stop?

I would like to begin my final post on the blog by sending my thanks to Gary Johnson and Hurricane Sports. They have provided me with the opporutnity of working along side other fantastic coaches and expanding my knowledge further in a new sport. I would also like to thank the schools which I worked in for their cooperation, both pupils and staff.

The idea behind QuickSticks is to provideĀ a fundamental basis for hockey, developing key skills in a safer and easier environment hopefully leading to increased participation rates in hockey. QuickSticks isn’t so popular at the moment but both schools where we worked have expressed keen interest in obtaining the equipment needed, and my point is, Why not?

In each session, every pupil appeared to enjoy the session, including learning new skills and even encorporating the rules. It is easy to coach and does not need any PE qualified staff to do so because of the session cards which accompany the equipment. It provides a fun and alternate opportunity during PE for both pupils and staff.

For me, as a coach with no knoweldge on QuickSticks or hockey, I was excited at the opportunity to coach a new sport and develop my skills and understanding. And I also feel this will be the same effect on any teachers who are willing to take part in coaching QuickSticks.