Session 6: 21/2/13

Session six was the afternoon session this time taking place on the cricket pitch rather than inside the village hall like in session 4. This session was about differentiation. With new drills being used each week thanks to the ‘Quicksticks’ card pack which produces session plans for each session with all the notes required as mentioned in the brief overview of the placement. It was about choosing certain drills to look on a new aspect of ‘Quicksticks’ tackling was the new skill to be taught. This is a part of the game that has a high risk factor. It is very important to get this correct.  Because of that my style of coaching was changed to a more autocratic style with closed questions to make sure they understood what was happening. This allowed me to teach the tackling technique in a safe environment for all. Once this had been taught I changed my coaching style on the spectrum model (Mosston, M & Ashworth, S 1986) enabling this to be incorporated in to drills from previous weeks. An example is trucks and trailers from week one instead on myself being the police car in fact two of the pupils would become police cars.